Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Gresham during the cooler months, when they’re required to keep you toasty. While you know the team at Honke Heating & AC will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some cash if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to test before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and test the fuses and circuit breaker that guard the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Honke Heating & AC at 503-663-8033 and we’ll return your home back to the warm and cozy place you expect this time of year.