It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be used for simple conveniences like knowing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These mean you can control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a host of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the best savings you can. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a peak priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you like to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to inform you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the ideal one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a host of perks that can help better your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Honke Heating & AC in Gresham has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 503-663-8033.