With warmer weather right around the corner, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at its best, it can cut a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could drastically heighten your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Honke Heating & AC expert perform air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system working well for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is running properly and can identify looming issues prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and occasionally throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you kept it covered during winter. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and require large repairs or even replacement.
- Clean the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they might interfere with airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or swapped out during your expert air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, relying on aspects like owning house pets or having home construction through the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the pros at Honke Heating & AC a call at 503-663-8033.