As warmer weather rolls around, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Gresham? Particularly if your air conditioning system is up-to-date or was working good last season.
Here’s one approach to contemplate it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to book any maintenance for it, such as getting new oil or getting new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can break down.
Having your system examined annually by a Honke Heating & AC technician can help find minor problems before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your unit to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is located outside your home, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can negatively impact your unit’s efficiency. While you can try our how to clean your AC guide, we suggest calling a professional to take care of delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard refuse that accumulate within your system can force it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these problems can lead to elevated energy needs—and a higher energy bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it work longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly energy bill and over the long run, since you won’t have to replace your equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little troubles before they turn into big, pricey troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully inspect parts and perform a series of AC performance verifications. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify issues before they create extensive troubles that lead to a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free comfort throughout the summer. After your equipment is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is well-prepared to provide worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your unit is open to advanced meltdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC service should include a check and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll inspect the following locations and parts:
- Overall unit order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the work we’ll complete:
- Put in new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Grease moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Service Now with Honke Heating & AC
Now is the greatest time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Honke Heating & AC pros a ring at 503-663-8033 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, don’t forget to check our exclusive offers for savings on your next service.