In Gresham you rely on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the winter. If it’s been a while since you had a standard maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace service
visit in the near future. As a minimum, you might have a dirty air filter, which can block air flow and effect your furnace’s performance. It could even create problems with your furnace’s limit switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may require a furnace repair. We’ve collected some indicators for you to scan for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump service, the better. Call in a pro, like Honke Heating & AC, if you see any of these indicators:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem feeble? Symptoms related to your blower could suggest a bit of a problem with your air filter or the internal blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a issue with your gas source or your pilot light, among other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts running loudly or producing noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You certainly don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, turn off your furnace immediately and shut down its gas supply. Stay clear from lighting matches or switching on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a blocked condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC pros to repair.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is rising, but your usage is not, there could be a series of complications. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Honke Heating & AC at 503-663-8033 when you need to setup repairs or annual maintenance.