During the colder Gresham months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it occurs, a simple call to Honke Heating & AC will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Honke Heating & AC as soon as possible if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not the right size for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Honke Heating & AC can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Honke Heating & AC at 503-663-8033 or schedule an appointment with us online.