Having standard air conditioning service done at least once a year can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Gresham summertime, have the experts at Honke Heating & AC conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if required, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, as opposed to unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to guarantee correct sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to run at top efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We recommend looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual influences in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Honke Heating & AC today at 503-663-8033.