Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people agree that the summer months in Gresham are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service lets you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder and can also impact the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are certainly not good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when these become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can harm efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Honke Heating & AC in Gresham can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 503-663-8033 and keep cool this summer.