Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To optimize your comfort and really relax, confirm your air conditioner is ready for the heat. One of the keys to a fun summer in Gresham is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Honke Heating & AC constantly recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- Remove any covering from your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold season. Turning on your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, clean out any debris and clear away overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To provide the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to establish that all that cooled air is going where it should and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to better manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit sits on.
These easy steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If it’s time to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you would like any more tips or recommendations to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running steadily, call Honke Heating & AC in Gresham at 503-663-8033 today.