There’s no getting around the changing weather in Gresham, it’s something we all have to be ready for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to think about annual furnace service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had possibly thought.
Energy savings comes in various shapes and forms, like:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy bills.
- Filters. Another quick fix that most every homeowner can handle on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more smoothly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those annoying holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Honke Heating & AC technician stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy costs.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list complete, but there are a few basic ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Gresham. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the team at Honke Heating & AC a call at 503-663-8033 to start saving a little more today.